Event #3

Event 3

Fowler Museum

For my third event, I attended the African Print: Taste, Globalization and Style exhibit at the Fowler Museum on campus at UCLA.  I really enjoyed this event because I was able to connect and see the art and technology coming together at the exhibit.  Normally I would not look at clothing as art or see how it can be related with technology but after taking this class I see that art is everywhere. 

It is easy to see that African fashion really uses art and technology by looking at the fabric and its complex designs.  This made me think how much fashion has evolved over time with new designs becoming more complex which requires the use of technology.  Technology is also used for weaving the fabric.  My favorite part of the exhibit was seeing the bright and vibrant colors along with the unique designs. 

I would recommend this event to my classmates because the connection between art and technology was prevalent.  I enjoyed this event the most as it was a great experience to witness beautiful African style clothing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8 - Nanotechnology + Art

Ben Goldberg Week 1 Blog Discussion B

Week 9 - Space + Art